From now until May 6th, Philadelphians can register for up to TWO FREE TREES to plant in a yard or lawn space on private property!
Lawncrest Community Garden is one of eight organizations selected for TreePhilly's Community Yard Tree Giveaway program. In partnership with the Fairmount Park Conservancy, Wells Fargo, and TreePhilly, we will be giving out 50 free yard trees during the Lawncrest semi-annual Community Yardsale. Come browse the community yardsale at The Grove before heading over to the garden to pick up your tree!
Use this online form to register for a tree and select your desired species. You can find detailed information on the species at www.treephilly.org/tree-species
We'll show you how to plant and care for your tree as well as send you home with a free bag of mulch to help you and your new tree get off to a good start.
Trees must be planted in the ground on private property in Philadelphia, and there is a limit of two trees per address. These trees can not be planted in a container or in the sidewalk.
Keep in mind that filling out this form does not guarantee that you will receive a tree. Once your registration is received and approved, you will receive a confirmation letter through your email. You must bring your confirmation letter to the event in order to receive your tree.
In order to receive a free tree through the TreePhilly Community Yard Tree Giveaway program, you must pledge to the following:
- I will plant my tree in the City of Philadelphia on property I own, or property on which I have permission to plant.
- I will plant my tree in the ground (NOT in a container or in the sidewalk).
- I will plant my tree within 15 days of pick-up.
- I will water my tree (20 gallons a week) from March through December.
- I agree to allow TreePhilly to contact me for follow-up information about my tree.